- Clinton decreased military personnel by 500,000.
- Clinton decreased military spending by about $50 billion a year.
- Under Clinton the U.S. Army lost four active divisions.
- Under Clinton the U.S. Army lost two reserve divisions.
- Under Clinton the U.S. Navy lost almost 80 ships.
- Under Clinton the U.S. Air Force saw its active personnel decrease by 30 percent.
- Under Clinton the Marines' personnel dropped by 22,000.
- We need more troops than we have in order to win a war in Iraq and Afghanistan. That is about the size of Military that we should have. Weather Bush 1, Clinton, or Bush 2 were right or wrong in their actions in Iraq, we need to have the capacity to win the war that Bush 2 tried to fight. It was wrong for the Clinton administration to dismantle the military.
Probable interest of those who agree:
Probable interest of those who disagree:
- Making it look like Bill Clinton was a bad president, so that independents won't vote for democrats in the future.
- Making it look like Bill Clinton was good president, so that independents will vote for democrats in the future.
Books That agree
- Dereliction of Duty: The Eyewitness Account of How Bill Clinton Endangered America's Long-Term National Security, By Robert Patterson
- Reckless Disregard: By Robert Patterson
- Legacy: Paying the Price for the Clinton Years; By Richard Lowry
- High Crimes and Misdemeanors: The Case Against Bill Clinton; By Ann Coulter
- Year of the Rat: How Bill Clinton Compromised U.S. Security for Chinese Cash; By Edward Timperlake, William C. Triplett, William Triplett, II