Background, Context, and assumptions:
- In general we should treat the earth like a garden, not an untouched forest reserve. Of course a cost benefit analysis should be made for each decision. Of course organic gardening is a better model.
- American bankruptcy would be bad for the environment
- Romney has said: We have to balance environmental needs with business needs
- If we don't care about how much our environmental programs cost, we will go bankrupt
- Romney has said: we should provide multi-year lead times before companies must come into compliance with onerous new environmental regulations
- The Keystone XL pipeline is tolerable for the environment
- The XL pipeline is economically vital
- Keystone XL will not appreciably add to global emissions
- The XL pipeline will help with jobs.